I’ve been a “blogger” for just a few short weeks and have only gotten 4 posts published but I’ve been nominated….nominated for the Versatile Blog Award! Thank you to misstatejones who, while surfing the vast World Wide Web, came across my blog and was intrigued by what she saw. So as a recipient of the Versatile Blogger Award I now get to do some fun stuff.
I get to list 7 fun and interesting things about myself:
1.When I was in elementary school, I was one of 3 students in my grade and 1 of 8 in the classroom because the school was so small that they had to combine two grades into one.
2. As an adult, I am a woman of routine and a creature of habit. I hate taking risks in anything and everything. I guess that makes me a pretty boring person.
3.I am a “greenie” – yep, I use the reusable bags, I recycle, I compost, I avoid disposable products, I purchase environmentally friendly cleaning and beauty products, I use cloth diapers and yes I have even proudly turned my husband into the very same monster…too bad the cleaning bug hasn’t hit him too.
4.I am also a thief! ALL of my ideas come from books or the internet – lesson ideas, scrapbook layouts, recipes, discipline strategies, party plans, everything is a result of somebody else’s creativity. I just add my own twist and always give credit where credit is due.
5.A strength and blessing tied in one; I am a huge perfectionist. I know it can ALWAYS be better. But at the same time I am also a huge procrastinator – not a good combination!
6. I get a total high from both saving money and having a completely organized space! Both are like a puzzle that always needs to be solved.
7. While an intense planner, I have come to realize that my life is nothing like I “planned” it to be.Here are just a few examples: I thought I would have 2 children (I currently have 3), I thought I would work full time until I retired (I taught for 11 wonderful years and then became a stay-at-home mom), I thought my kids would be going to the nearby public school – after all I would be teaching in the public school (I have home schooled my oldest through his Kindergarten level and as long as God see’s it fit, I plan to continue in this wonderful adventure with him and his younger siblings). So, planner or not, my life isn’t as I planned it to be….IT’S BETTER! My Heavenly Father is a much better planner than I.
I also, in turn, get to nominate 15 other blogs. Here they are listed in no particular order:
- Frugal Fun for Boys: This is a great blog with lots of wonderful ideas on how to keep those boys entertained…cheaply
- Meet the Dubiens: Fun, fun stuff. I especially like her fun food ideas
- Learning 4 Kids: A stay-at-home mom who has dedicated her blog to sharing fun playtime activities that encourage learning
- Quirky Momma, Kids Activities Blog: I have come across so many good ideas via this blog
- I heart Crafty Things: So do I but I am not crafty. This blog helps.
- Savvy Nest: A personal friend who uses her blog to give fun and simple tips on how to live frugally.
- Happy Hooligans: All about old-fashioned fun, this home day care provider shows us how she gets messy and uses imaginative play and outdoor fun.
- Inner Child Fun – A blog about enjoying the simple pleasures in life
- Pajama Mama – crafting and homeschooling while still in pajamas – that’s the way I live my life!
- Miss Jr. Chef – Ah, this is too much fun. For kids who love to cook, this blog is full of kid-created videos on how to make some kid favorite food.
- Naptime Review – A SAHM who uses her blog for real life consumer reviews and other fun kid stuff
- The Mob Society – For moms of boys by moms of boys – a community of boy moms working together to reach the hearts of their boys for the glory of Jesus Christ
- MOD Squad – Because I have a daughter too – a community of girl moms here.
- Cupcake Love Affair – Makes me love cupcakes…just wish they turned out as pretty as pictured.
- Thirfty Crafty Girl – My kinda girl!
Here are the rules of award acceptance once you’re nominated:
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominee with a comment on their blog.
Thanks misstatejones for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!